Re: Helpers for specification editors

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 03:32:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
cc: Micah Dubinko <MDubinko@cardiff.com>, "'spec-prod@w3.org'" <spec-prod@w3.org>

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-tools - maybe this is the appropriate
place to record this stuff (but it doesn't have anyone maintaining an
associated Web page, and as list maintainer I don't have time to volunteer.

Chaals

On 6 Sep 2002, Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux wrote:

>Le jeu 05/09/2002 ŗ 20:29, Micah Dubinko a ťcrit :
>> I would welcome having the W3C stylistic checker work on protected
>> documents.
>
>It does now :)
>
>> Also, it would be _really_ nice to have an "editor's home page" that keeps
>> links the latest tools. (Is there such a page already?)
>> Is there any reason why the latest versions of the three
>> tools in Dom's message couldn't be linked to
>> http://validator.w3.org?
>
>I'm not sure the validator is the best place for it, since it has a much
>broader audience than these tools might want to have (esp. the stylistic
>and the pubrules checkers).
>
>Another possible place would be http://www.w3.org/QA/Tools , but I'm not
>sure these tools fit well this page either.
>
>I'll add links from the WG guidebook [1].
>
>Dom
>
>1. http://www.w3.org/Guide/#Tools

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22