Re: Pubrules changes and TR metadata

On Wed, 2002-08-14 at 16:14, Norman Walsh wrote:

> Someone at the W3C must be harvesting metadata out of the headers for
> documents posted on the TR page. Are you using a standard ontology
> (e.g., Dublin Core) to store that metadata?

Some dublin core and some homebrew.

Records look like:

<WD
rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-rdf-syntax-grammar-20011218">
<dc:date>2001-12-18</dc:date>
<dc:title>RDF/XML Syntax Specification (Revised)</dc:title>
<doc:versionOf rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar"/>
<editor rdf:parseType="Resource">
<contact:fullName>Dave Beckett</contact:fullName>
</editor>
</WD>

excerpted from http://www.w3.org/2000/04/mem-news/tr.rdf

For details, see
http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/

> I ask because the pubrules changes mean that the metadata in XML Spec
> has to change (for alternate forms of the document, for example).
>
> It occurs to me that there are DC elements for this purpose, so if
> you're dragging the data into DC anyway...maybe a bunch of the
> elements in xmlspec should be replaced with DC elements?

Hmm... I guess it couldn't hurt.