Spec Guidelines

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 15:53:10 +0100
To: spec-prod@w3.org
cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org

I don't think it's a good idea to have both
  http://www.w3.org/Guide/pubrules
as a subset of
  http://www.w3.org/2001/06/manual/

This duplication will lead to confusion.

I think we should only carry forward the second one, the Manual of
Style, using a checkpoint layout with priorities 1, 2, 3 (much like
the WAI guidelines), and assign P1 to pubrules checkpoints, with a
policy enforcing level A.

We also need to understand how the QA Spec guidelines (no PD yet, but
talking about conformance assertion, testability of specs, etc)
is going to integrate and interface with these/this documents.