Re: Copyright Status's of spec-prod documents

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:17:24 -0400
To: spec-prod@w3.org
CC: Chris Maden <crism@maden.org>, ben@legendary.org, Henry Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>

/ Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org> was heard to say:
| Given a question about the creation of derivative works based on [1,2],
| elsewhere [3] I recommended the authors clarify the copyright owners (W3C
| or specific persons) and the specific licenses (W3C document or software
| license) under which they be distributed. I'm repeating this request in the
| spec-prod forum. The ambiguity created by these documents in the context of
| being hosted on the W3C site (which has specific terms and licenses) should
| be eliminated.

I have cleaned up the header comments and asserted Sun copyright on
behalf of Eve and myself. I don't know what statement Chris, Henry, and/or
Ben might like added.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM   | The worst enemy of life, freedom and the
XML Standards Engineer | common decencies is total anarchy; their