Re: Various Spec Formats

* Alexander Savenkov wrote:
>I've decided to translate XHTML Basic into another language but I have
>no idea how to create text-only, PDF or PostScript versions.
>Can anyone help me with this?

As for text only versions

  http://cgi.w3.org/cgi-bin/html2txt
  http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview.html
  http://www.slcc.edu/webguide/lynxit.html

And you can write it by hand, I don't see the problem.

>I use Windows so I cannot take advantage of lynx, html2ps or ps2pdf.

Lynx and ps2pdf are available for Win32, html2ps is a perl script,
it runs on any platform Perl does, including Win32. ps2pdf is included
in the Cygwin package, Lynx Win32 binaries can be downloaded from
http://lynx.browser.org.

>I just hope to find someone using the OS to generate the
>above-mentioned formats among the subscribers of this list. Because if
>I use tools different from yours I will obviously get
>different-looking pages.

XHTML Basic has been published by the HTML Working Group, I suggest
asking on www-html@w3.org, the editors or the HTML Activity Lead would
be a better idea.