Re: Oddity in pubrules

Misha.Wolf@reuters.com writes:

> Hi Janet,
>
> As pubrules are under discussion, I'd like to raise the matter
> of the errata link in RECs.  A couple of months ago, it was
> proposed that this be moved into the "header", rather than stay
> buried in the SoTD section.  I forget where it was discussed,
> but there appeared to be consensus to make this change.  I see
> that it has not been implemented, eg:
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-WebCGM/
> What is the next step?

That discussion[3][4] led to the sample Rec[1] being modified. It now
shows a compact way of adding not only errata, but also translations
and alternative formats in the head.

But it is true that the sample is two clicks away from the
pubrules[2]. Ian promised that somebody from the comm team would
change the text, so, while waiting for that, I just added a direct
link to the sample Rec.

[1] http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/REC-sample
[2] http://www.w3.org/Guide/pubrules
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2001OctDec/0011.html