Re: spec-prod, xmlspec, docbook and Co.

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:22:11 -0400 (EDT)
To: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
cc: <spec-prod@w3.org>
Oh, I want there to be as few links as possible - and as much flexibility
about what they mean as possible. So I can say "show me all the links" really
easily, or so I can say "what types of links are there here?" easily.

I would prefer one link element - using a decent CSS tool I can rpesent them
how I like (if not via XSLT, or some nasty PERL hack, or ...)

chaals

On 22 Oct 2001, Norman Walsh wrote:

  / Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org> was heard to say:
  | And there are bound to be others I haven't thought of or haven't needed
  | myself.

  My question had nothing to do with how many types of links there are
  (an unbounded set, probably), but with one aspect of the mechanics of
  linking. Do you want a discrete element for each possible type of
  link, or do you want a small number of linking elements and a little
  sophistication in the tools that render them?

                                          Be seeing you,
                                            norm