Re: Errata link in specs [was: Re: Use of pronouns in style doc]

I have to admit that I've fallen down on the job; I've been meaning to do a
comprehensive XMLspec update for at least a year now.  I've collected a ton
of RFEs, and was thinking about doing a backwards-compatible minor update
(to V2.2) before considering any of the backwards-*in*compatible options
(which would require a V3.0).

At the same time, I've been feeling like XMLspec was already going in the
direction of being a "kitchen sink" DTD -- it's really hard to decide *not*
to add features, so it grows.  A V2.2 might exacerbate the problem, so it's
probably a good time to re-examine our premises about what it should be.

Philippe brings up the idea of possibly merging DocBook and XMLspec.  I
think this would be a very worthwhile discussion, even if the result is to
make them much more loosely coupled (e.g. an XMLspec hierarchy/metadata
module vs. a DocBook hierarchy/metadata module on top of a DocBook-like
information pool?).

In a separate message I'll send out my current list of XMLspec RFEs...  I'm
pretty sure it's not complete, but it should cover about a year's worth of
requests.

         Eve