Re: model theory publication draft

At 07:25 PM 9/23/01 -0500, Aaron Swartz wrote:
>On Thursday, September 20, 2001, at 04:43  PM, Pat Hayes wrote:
>
>>isn't a bit passé to have a references section in hypertext? Seems a bit
>>like putting a whip-caddy on a horseless carriage. Oh well, go with the flow.
>
>I've always thought so. It's rather annoying to open a link in a new
>window and just end up with another copy of the spec. I'd much prefer that
>the inline links went directly to the spec in question, with a summary of
>the documents referred to at the bottom.
>
>Perhaps W3C style could be updated on this matter?

I believe this style was deliberately chosen so that normative references
could be summarized in one place.  In practice, it's annoying to have to
jump twice to get the actual referenced document; this would be a good
application for XLink, where you have two links from the bibref: one to the
official References section and one to the document itself.  A pop-up could
allow you to pick which one you wanted...

         Eve