Re: XML document production resources and tools

I think it's a great idea to provide info on all the XMLspec stuff (along
with the other spec production methods, of course)...  In general, you
probably want to point to the spec-prod CVS branch:

   http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/spec-prod/dtd/

The XMLspec DTD's latest version is there (I will work to get the old
versions in somehow), along with XSLT stylesheets for HTML and FO output,
and experimental schemas of various descriptions.  Most of this is Norm's
work.  The documentation (which I should also get into CVS) is at:

   http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/06/xmlspec-report

There's an appendix (http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/06/xmlspec-report#apps)
that describes various tools people have produced, but by now it's probably
sorely out of date.  I'm trying to make it a priority to totally redo the
documentation for V3.0, which I hope to attack in the next couple of weeks.

Some examples:

XML specification itself:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006.xml
XLink:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/PR-xlink-20001220/Overview.xml
XML Base:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/PR-xmlbase-20001220/Overview.xml
   (nicely formatted)

Many other specs use it, though often with a customized version of the DTD.

         Eve

--
Eve Maler                                             +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Development  eve.maler @ east.sun.com