Spec prod in the IETF

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@akamai.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:07:03 -0800
To: spec-prod@w3.org

Specification Production in the IETF

The RFC Editor accepts documents for submission as Internet-Drafts or RFCs
as ASCII text, Postscript, or NROFF (at least rumoured). The format is
described in:
Because of the exacting format requirements, many tools are available for
(see "Templates for Internet Drafts")

Marshall Rose's TCL tools for XML production of I-Ds and RFCs are at:
(they're apparently having DNS problems; if you can't get in, try
This includes a directory of ready-to-include references (rfc's).

There has been a bit of discussion about tools for tracking issues,
comments, and changes, but nothing concrete.

[This is off the top of my head; if anyone wants more detail, just

Mark Nottingham, Research Scientist
Akamai Technologies (San Mateo, CA USA)