W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > spec-prod@w3.org > July to September 2000

Update on action items from 15 August publication tools meeting

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 12:25:20 -0400
Message-ID: <39B51E70.9EF40848@w3.org>
To: spec-prod@w3.org
CC: janet@w3.org
Hello,

Just a quick status report on the action items from the 15 
August publication tools meeting [1]:

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/08/15-spec-prod

>    Results of all actions to be sent to [18]spec-prod. Deadline for all
>    action items: 12 September 2000.
>      * EM: Propose harmonized version of various XMLspec DTDs in use by
>        different WGs.
>        Issue: What should the core be? E.g., should it include
>        possibilities for DOM APIs since more than DOM WG are developing
>        these APIs?

Pending.

>      * NW: Propose canonical style sheet for publishing XMLspec documents
>        as W3C technical reports, based on various style sheets in
>        development independently. HH and NW will work together to ensure
>        the unified style sheet available in CVS. Please send your style
>        sheets to Norm at spec-prod.

Norm has set up CVS.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/spec-prod/2000JulSep/0042.html

>      * IJ: Update "[19]How to Release a W3C Technical Report" with more
>        information about XML processing. Clean up since some information
>        redundant with respect to [20]publication rules. Include reference
>        to comma tools.
>        IJ: Those present unanimously agreed that information about
>        publication tools should be public.
>        ISSUE: spec-prod is public and so should be any home page for
>        information to editors. How to release a W3C tech report is
>        Member-only.

Pending.

>      * JD: Talk to W3C management about securing resources for ongoing
>        tracking, development, and promotion of publication tools.

Pending.

>      * EM and IJ: Encourage participation on spec-prod by other W3C
>        editors (e.g., by sending email to chairs).

Pending. However, there's an upcoming chairs meeting this month [1]
and that would be a good time to raise this. Note: I'm not sure what
day the chairs meeting will actually take place.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2000JulSep/0094

 - Ian

-- 
Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783
Received on Tuesday, 5 September 2000 12:25:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:42:15 UTC