Re: Publishing tool ideas for W3C editors

From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:44:21 -0500
To: spec-prod@w3.org
At 11:53 2000 07 20 -0400, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>Paul Grosso wrote:
>> >2) Would people with expertise in xslt volunteer to help
>> >   create the xhtml->xml translation?
>>
>> I don't understand this--is there a typo here?  What does
>> it mean to go from xhtml to xml?
>
>transform an xhtml document to the common XML format.

You mean, transform an arbitrary xhtml document to one
conforming to the xmlspec DTD?

I think that requires magic more powerful than that
required to build the perpetual motion machine (something
about the second law of thermodynamics comes to mind) here.
What am I missing?

paul

p.s. I agree with the rest of your comments.