issues and resolutions

From: Lauren Wood <lauren@sqwest.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:09:01 -0800
To: spec-prod@w3.org
Having used the spec DTD (well, the DOM version of it) to write the
last Call disposition of Comments documents, I found myself
needing a resolution element to go with the issue element.

So I added it, changing the DTD as follows:

<!ELEMENT issue ((%obj.mix;)+,resolution?)>
<!ATTLIST issue %common-idreq.att;>

<!ELEMENT resolution (%obj.mix;)+>
<!ATTLIST resolution %common.att;>

I request that this resolution element be added to the general spec
DTD, since I think it will be useful for groups other than the DOM.
For formatting, we use the issue ID as generated content, and
generate "Issue [value of ID att]:" and "Resolution: ", with a line
break in between. This seems to work well.

thanks,

Lauren