Re: Ideas for generic document processing tools

"Eve L. Maler" wrote:
> Some of the things you're describing sound like they can already be done
> (after a fashion) with the XMLspec DTD and the appropriate XSL stylesheet,
> so you may want to consider authoring your specs in XML and then
> transforming to HTML.
The Math working group has some experience with the XMLspec DTD,
and we also have the experience that a lot can be done with the
markup this DTD defines and appropriate style sheets.

> Ben Trafford (copied here) has been sporadically working on an XSL
> stylesheet that supports the complete XMLspec DTD, and I'm hoping it can be
> the start of an "official" W3C stylesheet for those who choose to use it.
Daivd Carlisle developed two style sheets (one for HTML, one for LaTeX),
based on earlier work by Eduardo Gutentag. We produce the MathML 2.0
Specification drafts with it, and are quite pleased about the results
so far. We can share our results with Ben for example.

Nico Poppelier
W3C Math WG, editor