Re: Suggestions/Questions

From: C. M. Sperberg-McQueen <cmsmcq@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:45:20 -0600
To: "'spec-prod@w3.org'" <spec-prod@w3.org>
At 15:36 00/06/30 -0700, Jonathan Marsh wrote:

>Also, one thing that consistently bugs me is the required href attribute on
>loc.  It drives me nuts to keep the following kind of thing in sync:
>
>  <loc href="http://www.w3.org">http://www.w3.org</loc>
>
>I do this all the time in issue and comment resolution markup.  I wish to be
>able to write one of these instead.
>
>  <loc href="http://www.w3.org"/>
>  <loc>http://www.w3.org</loc>

I agree that either of these would be handy.  (In my TEI Lite
styles, I support the second form on the analogous element: it's
easy to check,when translating into HTML, whether a value for
the relevant attribute exists, and use it if it does, or use
the content of the element otherwise.  But I could live with
either form.)

Michael

* C. M. Sperberg-McQueen                           *
* Research Staff, World Wide Web Consortium        *
* Route 1, Box 380A, Espa&ntilde;ola NM 87532-9765 *
* (that's Espanola with an n-tilde)                *
* cmsmcq@acm.org, fax: +1 (505) 747-1424           *