Add var element to the xmlspec DTD

From: James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:39:35 +0700
To: spec-prod@w3.org
One HTML element that I really find I miss in the xmlspec DTD is the var
element. I usually work around this using emph.  Here's a sample of the
sort of thing I would like to use var for but now use emph:

For each node <emph>x</emph> in this node-set, the second operand is
evaluated with <emph>x</emph> as the context node and 1 as the context
position and 1 as the context size; the result in each case must be a
node-set. For each node <emph>y</emph> in this node-set, a range is
added to the result node-set of the <nt
def="NT-RangeExpr">RangeExpr</nt>; the starting end-point of the range
is the starting end-point of the covering range of <emph>x</emph>; the
ending end-point of the range is the ending end-point of the covering
range of <emph>y</emph>.

James