Re: producing the draft of XML Datatype spec

<Eduardo.Gutentag@Eng.Sun.COM>, "'w3c-xml-schema-wg'" <w3c-xml-schema-wg@w3.org>
>  Subject: producing the draft of XML Datatype spec
>  Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 10:18:54 -0800

[...]

>  The XSL stylesheet produced by Eduardo is great!  Makes it so easy to

Thank you for the kind words.

>  produce html output.  One thing that isn't noted (in the report or in the
>  stylesheet itself) is that it uses 2 constructs *not* in the current WD of
>  XSL, but which are implemented as "extensions" in the 19990307 version of XT
>  [3].

Mea culpa for using them, but they are absolutely necessary to produce
anything remotely acceptable as regards the productions of the XML spec.
They will be gone by next WD.

>  I've made a few changes to the XSL here and there, tho nothing major.  For
>  instance, I had to add templates for a few element types such as some of the
>  reference types (xnt|xspecref|xtermref) and some pieces of the table model.
>  Also, I've redefined several templates to produce output more to my liking
>  such as removing "unnecessary" paragraphs in list items (re: my pet peeve

Note that the initial impetus for the stylesheet was a pixel-by-pixel
reproduction of the appearance of the XML spec as produced with DSSSL,
in order to identify shortcomings of the XSL working drafts. Removing
unnecessary paragraphs was not in my charter ;-)

>  above), sorting the references, etc.  Lastly, I've introduced a mechanism
>  which gathers all of the *issues* together in an appendix for easy
>  references, which hopefully will be useful to WG members.
>
>  We intend to share all mods with both Eve and Eduardo (and this list, if

I'd be very interested in seeing the mods soon; certainly by the time
the newest XSL WD goes out, since I'm planning on rewriting the stylesheet
to accomodate it.

Eduardo