New forum for discussion of W3C Spec Production Issues

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 13:22:47 -0600
To: w3c-xml-wg@w3.org, chairs@w3.org, w3t-nerd@w3.org, spec-prod@w3.org
CC: w3c-html-wg@w3.org
W3C specifications are produced in all sorts of ways,
from emacs, to MS Word and everything in between.
They eventually end up as HTML, and sometimes as postscript,
PDF, or .txt. Sometimes they're submitted to the IETF
or ISO as well.

I have been maintaining a page about the problems of
maintenance, management, and production issues
in open specs since Dec '95 at:

	http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/SGML/spec-mgmt

I am seeing a lot of investment in tools for this
purpose by W3C staff and collaborators, and I suspect
we can begin to share resources, or at least compare
notes.

The only person subscribed right now is me. Access
(read, write, subscribe) is open to all the world,
but I prefer not to announce it widely just now.
There's an archive at:

	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/spec-prod/

If you want to subscribe, send mail ala:

	To: spec-prod-request@w3.org
	Subject: subscribe

Complete list administrivia details are at:
	http://www.w3.org/Mail/Request

--
Dan Connolly
http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/