More information on using the HTML 4.0 tables in XML spec DTD

From: Eve L. Maler <elm@arbortext.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 16:55:11 -0400
To: spec-prod@w3.org
Here are the following things I've done to incorporate the HTML 4.0 table
model into the XML spec DTD:

- Lowercased all markup names
- Changed %inline; to (%p.pcd.mix;)*
- Removed OMITTAG flags
- Removed all semantic-information comments
- Made "cosmetic" DTD changes to be XML compliant
- Changed %flow; to (%p.pcd.mix;|%p.mix;)*
- "Resolved" attribute declared-type entities
- Change uses of NUMBER to NMTOKEN
- Removed HTML common %attrs; attributes
- Removed HTML %reserved; attributes
- Removed HTML datapagesize attribute

Other than removal of a few attributes that don't seem relevant to
non-presentational specification authoring, and the substitution of cell
contents that are compatible with the main DTD, the markup model should be
identical to the original.

Unless I hear from folks soon (e.g., "I desperately need attribute xyz"),
this is going to constitute the HTML 4.0 table support in the DTD.

I've attached the fragment for your review.  I haven't incorporated or
tested it yet, but if you happen to notice anything amiss with it, let me
know.

	Eve