Working on a new version of the XML spec DTD

From: Eve L. Maler <elm@arbortext.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 19:52:49 -0400
To: spec-prod@w3.org
Cc: elm@arbortext.com
Hi folks-- I'm going to do a quick update of the XML spec DTD over the next
day or so.  I've collected comments from private mail and from this list,
and here's what I'm planning to do to for this revision:

- Check the order of prevlocs and latestloc (again); possibly make
  them allowed in either order

- Switch to full HTML 4.0 table model, allowing "table" as an
  alternative name to the obsolescent "htable"

- Fix the mdash, ldquo, and rdquo entity definitions

- Add the "namespace constraint" element?  (Tim, let me know if you
  think I should add this to the main DTD; for now, I'm inclined to
  continue treating this as a customization layer, especially since
  it only applies to a single specification)

There have been other, bigger suggestions for additions and modifications,
but I think I need to get these out pretty soon, so we'll see what develops
afterwards.  Let me know if you know of any other little things that need
fixing.

Thanks,

	Eve