Re: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/tr-biblio-ui

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the report.

I scanned the code this morning and it seems the script has a limitation: it does not take into account the case where a specification
has been superseded.

I think this URI will give you the expected result:
 http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/

I’m not sure whether this script will be updated as part of enhancements to our publishing system improvements.
I’m adding Philippe Le Hégaret in cc so he is aware of the thread.

Thank you,

Ian

> On Aug 7, 2015, at 5:02 AM, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 03:36:50 +0200, Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The utility at: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/tr-biblio-ui
>>
>> for the input:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/
>>
>> returns:
>>
>> *****
>>  Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) 1.0 Specification , J. Ferraiolo, Editor, W3C Recommendation, 4 September 2001, http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904 . Latest version available at http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/ .
>> *****
>>
>> which is incorrect.
>>
>> It should be returning the citation for SVG 1.1.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> I noticed the problem because I use this utility quite often to correct citations to follow the W3C style.
>>
>> Hope you are having a great day!
>>
>> Patrick
>
> Thank you for the report.
> We'll investigate.
>
> Coralie
>
> --
> Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  http://www.w3.org
> mailto:coralie@w3.org +336 4322 0001 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447