Re: Automotive Business Group

On Fri, 2013-04-12 at 08:45 -0500, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> >> I thought "cool URLs don't change" at W3C :)
> >>
> >> Would there be a way to have info on that page pointing to the new
> group? Thx

> > I spoke with Ted about this. Ted indicated that search engines would
> soon pick up the 404 and
> > that listing would go away in short order.

Serving of CG area is overly complex and fragile as it is.  My
understanding is the earlier area was a staging area while people came
up with a cooler URI (group shortname) and other shifts to the group.
It was not meant to be advertised (therefore not a cool URI) and should
atrophy as mentioned so preference is not to have to complicate
configuration and cause potentially other issues.  If it doesn't clear
as expected then please consult Jean-Gui who knows this configuration
well.

--
Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
W3C Systems Team