Re: Forums

From: Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 03:54:26 +0800
To: Matthew Wilcox <elvendil@gmail.com>
CC: W3C Site Comemnts <site-comments@w3.org>
(12/01/12 3:43), Matthew Wilcox wrote:
>> My personal feeling is that the participate page[2] can emphasize more
>> on the mailing lists in the sense that:
>
> Sorry, I don't understand the sentence

I am saying that if you go to the Participate[2] page, information about
the mailing lists should be more eye catching than it is right now, and
the following is a list of concrete suggestions. (This is, after all,
some site comments :p )

>> * Discussion Forums should become Mailing Lists as mailing lists are
>> really much more important than, say, blog posts. News, newsletter,
>> podcasts and video don't seem to have anything to do with participation
>> so I am not sure why are those listed there.
>> * Switch Mailing Lists and Calendar as I think Mailing Lists are more
>> important.
>>
>> [2] http://www.w3.org/participate/

I did't actually find the mailing lists via this link and I think your
experience (like how you reachch www-style) is likely more useful than mine.

Cheers,
Kenny