Re: declarative 3d community page comments

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 11:11:12 -0500
Cc: <site-comments@w3.org>, Johannes Behr <johannes.behr@igd.fraunhofer.de>, Kristian Sons <kristian.sons@dfki.de>
To: Don Brutzman <brutzman@nps.edu>

On 13 Sep 2011, at 11:01 AM, Don Brutzman wrote:

> some funkiness in the functionality of pages:
> http://www.w3.org/community/declarative3d/

Hi Don!

> - Working group cochair Behr is also the first icon in list of participants, without an image

Yep, that sounds like a bug.

> - there are other participants with images, shouldn't their display take precedence over people without images
>
> http://www.w3.org/community/declarative3d/participants

That's a really interesting comment. I will chat with the sysfolks about favoring real photos.

> - no links available to send email or communicate with participants shown

Correct. As we speak, the systems team is overhauling the account system and we have a goal of creating profile pages, at which point we will link to the profile pages. Some people have requested that we not display email addresses so they can avoid spam. So for the moment, we are making only limited use of the photos, but that will change.

Ian