Re: broken link: RSS feed for public-tracking@w3.org mail archives

From: Michael V. Antosha <michael.antosha@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 17:35:50 +0300
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org

Hi Ian,

On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 09:03 -0500, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> Hi Michael,
> I took a look and I think the answer is:
>  * There are no messages yet
>  * The feed won't exist until there are messages
>  * The 404 will thus disappear with the first message.

I agree.  This sounds like the most probable cause.

> I'm getting confirmation from my colleagues that this is the reason.

If this is the case, then I think current behaviour of the system should
be considered a bug.  I would rather expect the response to be an empty
feed (no entries, but with title, link rel="alternate", etc).

Michael V. Antosha

Using Gmail? Please read this important notice: