Re: Accessibility Testcases

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 17:33:07 -0600
To: pavan kumar sarvaraju <sarvaraju@gmail.com>
CC: site-comments@w3.org, "'wai@w3.org'" <wai@w3.org>
  Dear Pavan,

I don't think there is a simple answer to your question. Here are some resources that can help understanding and evaluating/testing web accessibility:
* Overview of web accessibility http://www.w3.org/standards/webdesign/accessibility
* Involving Users in Web Projects for Better, Easier Accessibility http://www.w3.org/WAI/users/involving.html
* Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Overview http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag
* How to Meet WCAG 2.0 - A customizable quick reference to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 requirements (success criteria) and techniques http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/ - this links to Techniques and in each technique there are tests[1]
* Evaluating Websites for Accessibility http://www.w3.org/WAI/eval/Overview.html (although this is a bit old, much of it still applies)

W3C WAI is currently developing a Website Accessibility Evaluation Methodology for WCAG 2.0, which will take several months to develop through our consensus process. (You can follow the work through the Eval Task Force http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2011/eval/eval-tf ) For now, the above links provide guidance on evaluating accessibility of websites.

Regards,
~Shawn

[1] for example, a complex one: http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20101014/G18.html#G18-tests
and a more simple one: http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20080430/G11.html#G11-tests