Re: XHTML 1.1 (Modules)

From: StefŠn ÷rvar Sigmundsson <stefan_sigmundsson@live.com>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 19:53:42 +0000
To: <site-comments@w3.org>
W3C:

Iím responding to correct some mistakes in my previous message.

In the following paragraph I said that I hadnít included the parents of some mods in the Wikipedia article (as of 2011-05-13). I did indeed include the parents and neither of the submods. It was simply a confusion of my part because I had considered changing the structure of the article so that Tables Module would be included and not Basic Tables Module (nor its parent, Tables Modules) etc, but I hadnít actually implemented that yet.

[It should be easy to see how I got 22 mods in total, 20 elem mods (of which 7 are submods) and 2 attri mods, you can see this list in the article itself. I do realise that some of the mods there have parent mods, for example the Table Module has the Table Modules parent and the Basic Tables Module sibling. However, I left out all basic sibling mods because those are subsets and 1.1 supports the real thing and in the Tables Modules example, I didnít count and include the parent of Tables Module because the Basics Table Module wasnít included either and so it would be strange to include parent mods with only one submod. What should the hierarchy be, what mods are in and what mods are out?]

Regards,
StefŠn ÷rvar Sigmundsson