W3C logos

From: Richard Andrews <Richard.Andrews@oatoe.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:53:50 +0000
To: "site-comments@w3.org" <site-comments@w3.org>
Dear WC3,

I’m writing with a general question regarding use of the W3C logo on
websites. I work for Ormiston Education in the UK and we carry the WC3
logos on our we based educational products, they are clickable links
and we are having an issue with the students clicking on them and
leaving the web based learning environment and going to yours. My
question is could we carry the logos on the bottom of the page but not
have them as live links, just logos? Or is part of the requirement for
compliance is having the links “live”?

Regards,

Richard