Schema documents high latency / empty content

From: Gord Lueck <gord@brainparkinc.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 21:41:51 +0000
To: site-comments@w3.org
It seems that the xml schema document

http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd

has a very high latency from your server (consistently takes 30 seconds to load), and for us, periodically this document returns with empty content.  It is preventing us from running some of our xml-based services.  We have noticed this over the last several days. It appears that others have noticed it in the past, too:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/site-comments/2011Apr/0005.html

I'd suspect this should be a high priority item for the w3c, as many, many services over the internet depend on this document being readily available. Are you aware of the issue / is there any update on its' fix?

Regards,
Gord