Problems Loading w3.org/2001/xml.xsd

From: King Huang <kchuang@ucalgary.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 17:19:31 +0000
To: "site-comments@w3.org" <site-comments@w3.org>
Hi,

The url http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd loads extremely slowly for me, or often results in the server unexpectedly dropping the connection. Is there a reason for this? This behaviour seems to be new, as of about a week ago. I don't have any issues browsing the w3.org website in general. The difficultly loading xml.xsd is affecting SharePoint web services here when clients read in a WSDLs and attempt to load xml.xsd from the namespace declarations. Can you advise on whether this is a problem on your end, or some unknown problem on our end?

Thanks,

King Chung Huang
Information Technologies
University of Calgary