HTML5 objection

From: Leo Niehorster <leo_niehorster@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 09:35:41 +0000
To: "site-comments@w3.org" <site-comments@w3.org>
Dear Sirs,

I wish to log my protest regarding a specific feature the new HTML 5 (experimental), namely the removal of the <FONT> tag.

I see no benefit of having to use CSS instead of HTML for this purpose. CSS seems to be counter to the original purpose of HTML of being easily learned by many as it closely resembles English, as opposed CSS which is a difficult-to-learn programming language understandable by few.

And think of the millions of website pages that will have to be redone. (I have a mere 5000+).

Leo Niehorster

- - - - -
Information not passed on is lost.
http://niehorster.orbat.com/index.htm