Community Groups - Planets please!

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:15:17 +0200
To: site-comments@w3.org
Hi Ian,

First: congratulations! - the Community Group setup is really nice.

Initial sign-up to the group was a bit convoluted (I guess that's
unavoidable for IP licensing), but I just made my first Wiki edits and
blog post and everything worked a treat.

Anyhow : feature request -  a Planet-style aggregator for each group.

Devolved management of the subscription list is really a must-have.
The Federated Social Web XG has a precedent here - the list on their
Wiki [1] is scraped to feed the aggregator [2]. Presumably their code
is available.

If you can set up such a thing, I recommend encouraging group members
to use tagging on their blogs to provide an appropriately filtered
feed, I believe most blogging engines support this. e.g. any posts I
tag "federated" show up in the feed at
http://dannyayers.com/feed/tag/federated which is the link I've put on
the FSW Wiki.

Cheers,