W3C-WAI WCAG 1.0 Logo Explanations: Incomplete TITLE elements

From: Jordan Clark <clarky_y2k@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:39:32 +0000
To: W3C Site Comments <site-comments@w3.org>

Dear W3C Webmaster,

I have noticed that there are some discrepancies in the TITLE elements in the explanation pages for the W3C-WAI WCAG 1.0 conformance logos, at the following URIs:

* http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG1A-Conformance
* http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG1AA-Conformance
* http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG1AAA-Conformance

For each of the above URIs, the TITLE element value simply says:
“[Level A | Level Double-A | Level Triple-A] Conformance to”

All three TITLE elements neglect to say what they are conforming to. I think that you need to append the phrase “Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0” – or words to that effect – to the end of each TITLE element for each page. (There does not seem to be a problem with the titles for the equivalent WCAG 2.0 pages.) I'd just thought I'd let you know about this, as I know that you take the quality of your website seriously.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

Jordan Clark
http://www.jdclark.org