excessive latency issue on http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd download

From: Luigi <byez83@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 20:10:53 +0200
To: site-comments@w3.org
Hi,

I found an xsd schema (http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd) responding with a
very high latency.
You can test it sending a request with a 20 seconds timeout:

wget --timeout=20 http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd

--2011-04-02 14:09:28--  http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd
Resolving www.w3.org... 128.30.52.37
Connecting to www.w3.org|128.30.52.37|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... Read error (Connection timed
out) in headers.

This is a great problem for my application that needs to use a 20
seconds timeout value for each connection made.
I would be very grateful if you could fix it as soon as possible,
because that application has already been distributed.

thank you.