Re: Poor "next in thread" functionality of public mailing lists

On 7 Sep 2010, at 1:56 AM, Anton Prowse wrote:

> Hi,

>  the "Replies" and "Next in thread" functionality is limited to the
> period in which the current message lives.
>
> This is rather troublesome, since it becomes very difficult to
> review a conversation that took place over an extended period of
> time.  (On www-style, for instance, such conversations occur
> frequently.)  As a result, follow-ups often get missed, seemingly
> leading to WG decisions being made on the basis of incomplete
> information.
>
> Would you consider changing this behaviour?

Hi Anton,

I checked with the Systems Team, who acknowledged this and replied:

  * No plans right now to add a complete unbroken thread view.
  * If you click on the "In-Reply-To" link, it will point you to the
correct message, even if it is across periods; it's using the msgid-
resolver.

_ Ian