CSS help

From: CHAN, TZE-HANG <0904441@live.abertay.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 21:47:55 +0000
To: "site-comments@w3.org" <site-comments@w3.org>
Hi, I'm currently creating a website and I'm having a bit of a problem.

I'm trying to put two divs side by side without the use of tables but
I can't get it to work.
The two divs are inside another div which holds the content of the
page and is centred with the use of margins.
When I use the float properties for the two divs, they are placed side
by side but it seems like they're taken out of the content div.

I hope W3C have people who can solve my problem and any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tze