SMIL dtd

From: Andrea Goethals <andrea_goethals@harvard.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 17:13:42 +0000
To: site-comments@w3.org
Hello,

I saw on your system status page that your server is responding slowly
to DTD requests. Is there any update on this problem? We have a
validation process that requests the SMIL DTD (http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-smil/SMIL10.dtd
) that started failing last week. We are able to retrieve the DTD
instantly using curl, but when we request the DTD from our java
program (running on the same machine) we get a 500 server error every
time. There hasn't been a change to our program and we are able to
retrieve other DTDs with it successfully. We're not making requests to
the web server very often, and we're able to retrieve the DTD using
curl, so it doesn't seem like our IP address is being blocked. Any
help on this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Andrea

Andrea Goethals
Digital Preservation and Repository Services Manager
Harvard University Library Office for Information Systems
90 Mt. Auburn Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
phone: (617) 495-3724
andrea_goethals@harvard.edu
live digitally, save trees  - print only when necessary