Re: Status of "Relations" document

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 07:19:23 -0500
To: Matthijs Kooijman <matthijs@stdin.nl>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org

On 5 May 2010, at 4:14 AM, Matthijs Kooijman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> while browsing the web, I came across this document:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/relations.html

Wow, I've never seen that document!

> It lists all kinds of values to be put inside the rel attribute of
> HTML <link>
> or <a> tags, which is exactly what I was looking for. However, it
> doesn't have
> any information on its status, revision history, etc, nor does it
> seem linked
> from anywhere.
>
> I'd like some definitive reference on what link types make sense
> (HTML4
> suggests a few, but in practice others are used). However, I'm not
> keen on
> using this document unless I can assign some credit to it.
>
> Do you have any idea about the status of this document, or a
> suggestion on
> whom to ask?

I cannot find any information about who created this document. It has
no status, and so I suggest that you not refer to it.

I suggest that you refer to the HTML5 list instead, which is actively
being developed:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/interactive-elements.html#linkTypes

  _ Ian