copyright question

From: Jennifer Mathis <mathis.jenny@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 23:00:28 +0000
To: site-comments@w3.org
Hello,

I am a writer who is compiling and editing a court interpreting manual
for a court interpreting class. The class is being offered by an
interpreting business in Virginia. We would like to use some of the
sections from the Virginia Judicial System's Web site in our manual.

I would essentially like to copy and paste the sections I am using. Is
it enough, prior to each section, to provide the link to the site
where I have retrieved the information and then to include the
copyright information? An example is below:

The information below was obtained from the Virginia Judicial Systemís
Web site at http://www.courts.state.va.us/courtadmin/aoc/djs/programs/interpreters/code.html
.. Copyright 2009 Office of the Executive Secretary, Supreme Court of
Virginia.

Is there any other information that I should provide? Is this legal?

Thank you for your response.

Kindly,
Jenny Mathis

--