Re: Please, redirect my question where appropriate: Errors on http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/strict.dtd?

On 18 Feb 2010, at 8:48 AM, Ian Jacobs wrote:

> On 18 Feb 2010, at 8:36 AM, Juan Pedro Silva wrote:
>
>> Hello, I'm writing to you with respect to a validation problem on http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/strict.dtd
>
> Hello,
>
> That file is not an HTML file, so it won't validate as HTML.
>
> It is a DTD (which has an entirely different syntax than HTML).
>
> Does that answer your question?

Apologies, I misread your question.

You ask:

"Perhaps this file is not supposed to be validated as a schema."

That seems correct (it's a DTD).

I don't believe the XML Schema Validator (xsv) checks DTDs.

I am not aware of an XML schema for HTML 4.01. There is one for XHTML
1.0:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1-schema/

  _ Ian