Re: please restore links to history of RDF, OWL

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 05:44 +0100, Ivan Herman wrote:

> On 2010-2-9 18:03 , Dan Connolly wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 16:26 +0100, Ivan Herman wrote:
> >> The activity home page also has a list of all working and interest
> >> group, active, dormant, or closed.
> >
> > How do I get there from /RDF/ ?
> > The wiki seems to be a closed world.
>
> I really do not understand this comment. Why would it be a closed world?

The W3C icon at the top doesn't take me to http://www.w3.org/ like it
does on every other page in the W3C site; it takes me to
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Main_Page

> Put it another way, why would it be closer than the old incarnation of /RDF?
>
> I still do not understand what you really want.

I want the decision history of our work preserved. I'm surprised to
be fighting this battle repeatedly; first the link from /XML/ to
Sperberg-McQueen's decision record for XML, then the link from
the SPARQL pages to the DAWG and the SPARQL issues list, and
now on /RDF/ and /2004/OWL/ to their decision records.

It's fine for older work to get less prominent over time, but at
no point should the history be just chopped off completely.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E