Re: Feedback about beta site

On 16 Sep 2009, at 10:52 AM, Giovanni Tummarello wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i truly care about w3c role and activity, so please take my feedback
> positively. I think the beta site is very uninspiring.
> Sorry geek time is over, you want to get corporate sponsorship you
> have to have a reasonable look that makes you want to belong to it.
> Apparences are very important.
> Ideas on graphic themes, images etc should abound given the cardinal
> role w3c had in making the web what it is today.
>
> Please do spend some money on some good quality, inspired web designer
> and/or PR agency

Hi Giovanni,

I appreciate the message that the W3C site deserves to have an
interesting visual appearance. I think that the beta site is a
significant improvement over our current site. We have relied heavily
on volunteers who have offered their services to get us to this point.
I expect that this framework will allow for continued improvements. I
would like to finish this version of the site as soon as possible
because of the new features and improvements. Then we can turn our
attentions to the next round of improvements.