Re: PRB: XML Namespaces specification orphaned in new design

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 13:37:45 -0500
To: Nick Fitzsimons <nick@nickfitz.co.uk>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org

On 28 Oct 2009, at 1:15 PM, Nick Fitzsimons wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Although <http://www.w3.org/standards/xml/> includes an unlinked
> mention of XML Namespaces in its preamble, the specification is not
> linked to from any of the subcategories. (I would expect to find it
> under XML Essentials.)

Hi Nick,

A number of people have basically said that namespaces are pretty much
"a fundamental part of XML."
To that end, in the "XML" group of specs [1] we've included namespaces
spec.

It's true that the XML Essentials page [2] does not yet include
mention of namespaces. I will let my colleagues know and we'll add
mention there.

Thank you,

  _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/standards/techs/xml