Re: Finding DOM specs became very difficult after the site redesign

On 22 Oct 2009, at 2:33 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> I was trying to find a link to the DOM 2 Core specification today,
> and in the new design I apparently have to go to Standards, then
> "Web Design and Applications", then "Scripting and Ajax" before even
> having a link to "the bunch of links to the DOM specs".  It would be
> nice if this were surfaced somewhat better; the old site's sidebars
> were much better at this.

Hi Boris,

If I start on the usual TR page:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/

"DOM" Is one category.

The question may be "How to I get to the TR page?"

The "Standards" page is linked from the top of every page:
  http://www.w3.org/standards/

And there, you will find a link in the first paragraph and under quick
links for /TR

On the home page, in the first paragraph on the right (about w3c),
there is a link to "standards"
that also takes you http://www.w3.org/TR.

So the missing piece, it seems, was the link to /TR/ from "Standards."
I've just updated this page
to try to make that clearer:
   http://www.w3.org/standards/

Let me know if you think that will help.