Re: Short descriptions for all SVG-related specifications

On 20 Oct 2009, at 8:21 AM, Chris Lilley wrote:

> Hello site-comments,
>
> Here is an initial set of SVG short descriptions. In some cases,
> there are also requests to move specs to obsolete, or questions,
> marked ** like this **.

Thank you, Chris. I've added the sentences. I will forward the
requests to obsolete some specs to the Webmaster.
See below for answer to one question.

  _ Ian

> 2009-06-04
> Requirements for Japanese Text Layout
>
> ** this short description is blank when it appears under SVG, but
> has (good, real) text when the same spec appears under I18N, please
> investigate why **

The pages are all independent. We designed the system so that a
specification might be described differently in different contexts.
There is no expectation right now of being able to share descriptions
(though it would be convenient and not difficult).

I've added the I18N description to the svg page.