W3C Site Suggestion [Was: RE: Broken Link to W3C Logo Usage pagež]

From: Jordan Clark <clarky_y2k@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 00:45:56 +0000
To: <site-comments@w3.org>
CC: Jordan Clark <mail@jdclark.org>

Dear Ian,

One small suggestion - a useful addition to the homepage XHTML's HEAD element would be a META description tag with a brief abstract of the World Wide Web Consortium's mission/purpose etc...

I realise that most META tags (such as META keywords) are pretty much redundant these days due to spamming and human inaccuracies, but all the major search engines such as Ask, Google, Yahoo! and Bing (formerly Windows Live Search) use the META description contents as the site's descriptive text in the search engine results pages (SERPS). (I think the optimal amount of characters per description is 150.)

Just a thought to enhance your SEO and the quality of the site's index listings...

Regards,

Jordan Clark
Web: www.jdclark.org
Mail: clarky_y2k@hotmail.com

Download Messenger onto your mobile for free
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/174426567/direct/01/