Re: Site usability

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:34:13 -0500
To: Alexander Shpack <shadowkin@gmail.com>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org

On 15 Oct 2009, at 4:35 AM, Alexander Shpack wrote:

> One click access to technology section is impossible. Very bad.

Hi Alexander,

One click access from where? And what is the technology section?

Assuming you mean the list of technical reports, there is a link at
the top right of the home page;
look for "standards" in the sentence about w3c.

It is 2 clicks away from every page:
   Standards (top menu):
   http://www.w3.org/standards/

   That's our new introductory path through the technologies.

  From there, the first paragraph has a link to /TR/ and the right
hand side quick links has one as well
  ("All specifications").

 From any of pages like this one:
  http://www.w3.org/standards/webdesign/

the left menu includes "All standards and drafts" which is also a link
to /TR/.

I'm interested in feedback on whether the choice for the default TR
page (grouping by technology)
is useful:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/

There are other views available ("Show view") but I've not had too
much feedback on moving away from the "show them all sorted by status"
to this higher level view.