Re: [site] specs should bear their (URI) names / comment on http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-xml-20081126

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:39:38 -0500
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org

On 15 Oct 2009, at 11:21 AM, Dan Connolly wrote:

> The new design doesn't seem to have the URI of "this version"
> prominently on the title page any longer.
>
> That's a serious bug, IMO. Please fix.

Hi Dan,

We've rolled back the reformatted specs. It won't be a problem.

The URI is at the bottom of the reformatted specs, for what that's
worth:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-rdfa-syntax-20090303/#doc-status

We chose to move the URI to the bottom and to expand on the explanation:

==
W3C will make every effort to make available this document as-is at
the following permanent URI:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-rdfa-syntax-20090303/
To find the latest version of this specification, use the following
URI (or consult the full history of the specification):

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax
===

But as I said, the reformatted specs have been rolled back for now.

  _Ian