Re: New W3C Web Site Launched

On Thursday, October 15, 2009, 3:21:24 PM, David wrote:

DC> Chris

>> (yes, the ID "Introduction" appears three times in the new, reformatted version).

DC> Actually "only" in the DOM view.

Ah, thanks. I sometimes forget that 'view source' in Firefox isn't, in fact, viewing source at all. (Although 'view selection source' is still a killer feature which I miss trerribly in other browsers).

DC> If you look at the actual document
DC> source  it's only there once but incorrectly using xhtml syntax in a
DC> document served as text/html.

DC> See

DC> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/site-comments/2009Oct/0080.html

DC> where I give the details using an example from mathml (almost all the
DC> xml related recs are broken in the same way)

Assuming that the conversion was done by XSLT, this should be easy to fix so that an html-happy subset of xml is used.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG